Obtaining the Spanish citizenship through the Nature letter is distinguished from the various routes of processing due to the uniqueness of its exceptional nature, which implies that not all interested parties will be able to apply and become members of the Iberian population.
Los applicants are obliged to justify and verify the extraordinary circumstances that would transform them into acquirers through a file addressed to the General Sub-directorate of Nationality and Civil Status. In case of not residing in spainthe petition may be filed with the consulate in your home country and, the diplomatic institution is in charge of sending it to the central authorities.
Grandchildren Law: consulates collapsed due to massive requests to process Spanish citizenship
The Executive Branch decides whether or not to grant it with the prior consent of the Minister council through the implementation of a royal decree. According to the set of legal regulations that are in force in the territory of destination:
“The Spanish nationality by Nature lettergranted discretionally by Royal Decree, when the interested party has exceptional circumstances”, established in article 21 of the Spanish Civil Code.
In this sense, the authorities of the Spanish chancellery specified that “to validate the acquisition of the nationality In this way, according to articles 21 and 23 of the Spanish Civil Code, the interested parties must make a declaration by swearing or promise fidelity to the king and obedience to the Constitution and the laws, renounce their previous nationality and wait for the acquisition is registered in the Spanish Civil Registry”.
These are the oldest legal figures by which the Government of the European nation awards the double nationality to foreign citizens. Which are the requirements?
What are the requirements to access Spanish citizenship by naturalization letter?
- Being over 18 years
- Young people 14 years of age or older must be assisted by their legal representative, as well as the guardian or guardian may submit the petition to receive the Spanish citizenship
- Documents accrediting the concurrence of exceptional circumstances
- Other documents that the applicants deem appropriate
- Literal birth certificate, legalized or apostilled, and if necessary, translated
- The data of the minor children, if they had
- Place of residence and current address
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin legalized and, where appropriate, translated (only for those over 18 years of age)
- The criminal record certificate from the Spanish Central Registry of Convicted and Rebels, or express authorization to request it ex officio (if the applicant is over 18 years of age and resides in spain)
- Original marriage certificate, legalized or apostilled, and if applicable, translated.
- If the spouse is españolliteral birth certificate of the person with whom there is a link.
Grandchildren Law: good news for the children of legal age of those who apply for Spanish citizenship
In the event that the candidate is granted the Spanish citizenship by Nature letter, must be registered in the Hispanic Civil Registry. It is important to remark that, by law your registration corresponds with a given name and two surnames. Because of this, changes may have to be made to adapt the mother root to the language of the State belonging to Europe.
In the event that the application for Spanish citizenship is rejected, what should I do?
In case the petition is deniedthe possibility is open file a legal recourse.
It can be appealed before the National Court within a period of two months, which will begin to elapse from the date on which it is notified of the negative resolution.
Spanish passport: what are the requirements to process it from Argentina
How to obtain the application form to manage Spanish citizenship by naturalization letter?
- Download the application form nationality by letter of nature on the website of the Ministry of Justice of spain
- Go to the public service office of the General Directorate of Registries and Notaries
- In the central Office of Information and attention to the public of the Ministry of Justice
- In the Civil Registry of the address of the person applying.
Dual nationality agreement with Argentina
Passengers with origin Argentinian who have been nationalized and carry documentation of the nationality acquired from; Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, spain and the United States in accordance with the Agreement signed by Double nationality at the time of admission:
- They will be considered foreign and their admission into the country will be qualified as such, according to the regular rules that apply according to the acquired nationality
- If you express your intention to reside permanently. will be held by that fact alone as Argentinian. In this case, the documentation that corresponds to intervene will be sealed, and under it the legend “Argentine at the request of the interested party” will be written.
You may also like