He Department of State reported that from May 30, 2023 there will be increases in the values of visas for nonimmigrantincluded for reasons of tourism, business, medical treatment, study, temporary work or trade.
Non-immigrant visas can be divided into two types depending on the characteristics of the application: those that are based on requests and those that are not. The first are those requested for temporary jobs or trade and investment relationships.
Entering the United States: how to avoid the long immigration lines
The last time the values of the majority of the nonimmigrant visas that are based on requests was in 2014, while the rates that do not need request (tourism, business, study or exchange), last increased in 2012.
What are the new prices of visas for the United States?
- Tourism or business (B1/B2 and BCC): it will go from USD 160.00 to USD 185.00.
- Students or exchange: will increase from USD 160.00 to USD 185.00.
- Temporary work (H, L, O, P, Q and R): it will go from USD 190.00 to USD 205.00.
- Tradesmen or special occupation (E-1, E-2, E,3): will increase from $205 to $315 dollars.
How are the values of the visas for the United States established?
According to the statement published by the Embassy of the United States in Argentinanonimmigrant visa fees are set based on the actual cost of providing processing services.
To do this, the Department of State conducts a study of expenditures using a new methodology of “Activity Based Cost” and calculating annually how much the provision of consular services in general, including visas, is worth.
United States Visa: why they can check your social networks when applying
Other news for the United States visa
The US authorities approved a measure that establishes that until December 31, 2023 with will exempt from the face-to-face interview to certain non-immigrant applicants who are applying for the visa for the first time or who must manage its renewal.
They must be included in the following list:
- H-2 Visas: Temporary Agricultural and Non-Agricultural Workers
- F and M Visas: Students
- Academic Visas: Academic Exchange Visitors
- H-B1 Visas: Professionals with specialized jobs
- H-3 Visas: Apprentices or special visitors in Educational Exchange.
- L Visas: Transfer of Executives or Managers Within the same company
- O Visas: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
- P Visas: Athletes, Artists and Presenters
- Q Visas: Participants in International Cultural Exchange Programs
rv / ds
You may also like